It’s been a busy week, but I got nearly everything I wanted to accomplish taken care of! Here’s to hoping this next week will be equally productive!
1. I rejoined Pinterest last weekend (the first time I tried I joined via my Facebook ID and being defaulted to following FB friends and stuff weirded me out a bit), and it’s been moderately addicting. Lucky, way less addicting than the 40-some odd blogs I already read!
2. Wedding invites are in the mail! It’s such a relief to have them done. I know 3+ months out is a bit early to be sending them, but I’m hoping this will be enough time to remind out of towners to plan travel and RSVP by our earlier than usual deadline. I’m still a grad student– I’ve got lots going on that isn’t wedding planning, so I need all the time I can get!
3. Last week was restaurant week in Pittsburgh, and Patrick and I finally made it to Meat and Potatoes! The restaurant week menu the day we went was definitely designed for someone with a huge appetite: sweet potato soup (that even my sweet potato hating fiancé loved), pork ribs with fried gouda grits, a southern style bbq pork butt, and bread pudding (also including sweet potatoes somewhere, though neither Patrick nor I could find them). I brought home half my serving of ribs and my entire dessert, and can barely finish just the dessert tonight! Delicious, but so much food! Shame we probably won’t get to go back; we had a great time!
4. We also mad it to see Zero Dark Thirty this weekend. I was worried that the build-up to the actual mission would be super boring, but it definitely wasn’t; this movie is as well made as it’s hyped up to be, so definitely go see it if you get a chance! Now we just have to make it to see Silver Linings Playbook!
5. The weather man just said weather Tuesday is supposed to be 14* for the high and 7* for the low. So much for another mild winter…. I hope I remember my gloves this week. Maybe I’ll get to go home before it’s dark? That’s not too much to ask when I’m working an extra long day on MLK Jr Day, right?
Have a great week everyone!