I know, it’s been a while—what kind of blogger are you if you leave over a month between entries? Not a very good one I’d imagine, so I suppose it’s a good thing I’m just getting started.
Lots of bloggers seem to have an entry every week where they post a random collection of thoughts. It’s pretty great really: no matter what you’ve got at least one fairly easy blog entry to put up every week! Without fail, here’s what’s been going on in my mind lately:
1. I made my own variation of this meat pie yesterday, subbing out all the recommended meats for a pound and a quarter of ground turkey. It was delicious. The girls over at Spoon Fork Bacon really know what they’re doing. Also, no matter how tempting it is, wait until the pie has cooled before cutting into it, otherwise it will ooze all over and you’ll end up with a messy pile of filling and crumbs on your plate. Delicious, but messy.
2. Honeymoon to Tahiti is booked!!!! Patrick and I are super excited, and I’ve wasted a ridiculous amount of time on Trip Advisor and travel blogs trying to figure out all the things to do and where to eat while we’re there. We almost decided against it, because most deals are crazy expensive, but we managed to track one down that was semi-reasonable, and we figure we might as well splurge for this once in a lifetime trip. Now, to begin ordering sunscreen in bulk!
3. I’ve been watching the Golden Globes, and apparently I also need to start watching Girls. I guess I have yet another set of HBO DVDs to add to my Netflix list.
4. Speaking of the Globes. I have been seriously enjoying Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as hosts. Their opening monologue definitely made me LOL. I just wish they could have a bit more of a mid-show monologue to kind of keep the ball rolling, though Sacha Baron Cohen had an amusing bit in there. If Tina and Amy don’t return next year, maybe that’ll count as his audition?
5. So happy Downton Abbey is back! I’m looking forward to plenty of juicy 1920s British intrigue over the next few weeks. I only wish all these British tv shows had proper, full-length seasons (I’m looking at you Sherlock). Ten episodes does not count as a full season, and three makes a mini-series, not a proper tv show!
That’s all I’ve got for today! It’ll probably be a full week until I post again, since the plan is to finally work on paper outlines this week (yay!), which means I should be dedicating all writing energy to that. Until then!